[Using Sakai] Graphics in forum messages..

Gregory Guthrie guthrie at mum.edu
Fri Aug 17 17:15:50 PDT 2012

I had a short forum message, it showed ~1000 characters, and inserted a small graphic (~1"x2), and when I  tried to post the message, got an error message that the message was too large, over 65K characters.

The insert/edit image icon seems to allow one to set properties on an existing image, but not to insert a new one? I say this because it shows an odd piece of text ( Lorem ipsum dolor ...) which is not editable, or replaceable, and a bunch of blank properties, but ctl-v does nothing.

Looking at the Source view, it appears that it encodes images as byte streams, and thus even a small image is not supported. Any way around this? Seems rather 19670's to have a forum without good support for any graphics, better to use a Yahoo or Google Email forum perhaps?