[Using Sakai] Assignments: revert to "old style" due-date entry?

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Mon Sep 8 15:51:13 PDT 2014

Any options you see on the demos for things like displaying multiple
calendars are easily configured in the ckeditor.launch.js. We recently made
a change to display the month and year menus. (
http://jqueryui.com/datepicker/#dropdown-month-year -
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-27733)

However the form field is something that's on the templates for each
individual tool separate from this popup. That would require loading
something like the masked input plugin (
http://digitalbush.com/projects/masked-input-plugin) or momentjs to verify
the result during an an onblur event. That seems like it would be a big
change across every tool that has a date popup.

I'm not disagreeing that it wouldn't be nice, just saying I can't think of
a way it would be fast/easy to do since that field isn't controlled by the
popup and in most places it's not something that was added as a new
component to the framework, rather just put directly into the template
(velocity,
jsf, rsf) directly.