[Using Sakai] Assignments: revert to "old style" due-date entry?

John Ansorge ansorgej at ohsu.edu
Mon Sep 8 15:38:33 PDT 2014

I agree with Bryan, if there is error handling the field should not be disabled.  I know if our Sakai “power users” can’t edit that box directly I’m going to hear about it from them right away when we upgrade to 10 in a few weeks.  We usually import content from a previous term and update all the dates, so the due dates for Assignments and Tests and Quizzes are usually more than a month in advance.  So that means that every date would require many clicks as Tyler and Norman noted.

If nothing else, the date picker should show several months as in this example: http://jqueryui.com/datepicker/#multiple-calendars  That way there’s a much better chance that the date you’re looking for is visible without clicking to advance the month.

Of course, the effort to unify the date picker across tools is still very welcome!

-John