[Using Sakai] How to read archived messages in chat room?

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Sun Mar 30 20:11:48 PDT 2014

There's a property from https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-20928
messagesMax at org.sakaiproject.chat2.model.impl.ChatManagerImpl

That lets you increase this above 100. Though if you go too high you'll get
poor performance. The only way to get all the messages currently is through
a data base query.

There were suggestions to implement paging in the UI or have some way to
generate a full log in the background but neither of those has been
implemented yet. All of the messages from chat are there in the database,
but just retrieving them all for every user in the room (and displaying
them) does need some kind of limit.