[Using Sakai] [Building Sakai] Sakai 10: options link renders differently in different browsers

Adam Marshall adam.marshall at it.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jul 16 06:22:56 PDT 2014

Ah – ha. All browsers render as pencil and paper icon on QA server. We’re running a slightly older version of Sakai 10. Soz about that.

However, I still think it is a really bad design decision. The user will not know that some tools are portlets and some not, why should they? Why should they care?

All that they will know for certain is that “the ‘Options’ link for Web Content, Home and IMS LTI tools has vanished”.

We either have to change all ‘Options’ and other ‘admin buttons to icons and move them to the RHS of the tool, or we touch none of them.  It’s no good adopting a random approach.

Adam

--

** Note change of email address to adam.marshall at it.ox.ac.uk<mailto:adam.marshall at it.ox.ac.uk> **

Dr A C Marshall, WebLearn Service Manager, University of Oxford.
IT Services, 13 Banbury Rd, Oxford. OX2 6NN.