[Using Sakai] Syllabus Tool - Published by default?

Christian Aziz caziz at rutgers.edu
Fri Aug 15 18:23:40 PDT 2014

We're going to make use of this as well. Thanks, Katie for bringing this up
and Bryan for fixing so quickly.
ᐧ

Christian V. Aziz
Project Manager - OIRT
Coadjutant Faculty - SC&I

101I Administrative Services Building Annex 1
56 Bevier Road, Piscataway, NJ 08854
Tel: 848-445-8732 | Fax: 732-445-5539

On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 3:05 PM, Katie Golus <kgolus at antioch.edu> wrote:

> Wow, thank you, Bryan!  That is really going to make a difference for us.
>
> Best,
> Katie
>
> _____________________
> Katie Golus, Ed.M.
> Instructional Designer
> Antioch University
> 602 Anacapa Street
> Santa Barbara, CA  93101
> 805-962-8179 x5161
> kgolus at antioch.edu
>
> Have an IT-related concern? Please contact the help desk, available 24/7.
> Web form: IT Helpdesk <https://helpdesk.antioch.edu/> or Phone:
> 1-866-662-0056
>

> On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 11:44 AM, Bryan Holladay <holladay at longsight.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Katie,
>>
>> There isn't a way to change this default behavior in the 10.0 release.
>> After reading your email, I created a jira
>> https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-27817 and committed a fix to
>> Sakai trunk that will allow you set a property to make the newly created
>> items (on the main page) published. You would set:
>>
>> syllabus.new.published.default=true
>>
>> This may not make it into 10.1, but it should make it into 10.x pretty
>> soon. You should merge this into your instance if you don't want to wait or
>> you can wait a until it is merged into 10.x and just deploy the latest 10.x
>> code.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Bryan
>>

>> On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 2:27 PM, Katie Golus <kgolus at antioch.edu> wrote:
>>
>>> We recently upgraded to the new Syllabus Tool and we're having a heck of
>>> a time trying to educate people that they need to publish each syllabus
>>> item after creating it since that is out of keeping with all other
>>> posing/creation processes on the site.  Right now they essentially need to
>>> double-publish the syllabus items since people generally add their syllabi
>>> before the class site on a whole is published anyway.
>>>
>>> Is there any way to set the default state of created Syllabus items to
>>> "published" and then people can unpublish them if for some reason they're
>>> adding an item after the entire site has been published?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Katie