[Using Sakai] CAS issues

Rafael Morales Gamboa rmorales at suv.udg.mx
Mon Aug 18 23:12:09 PDT 2014

Hello,

We have our Sakai (2.9.3) integrated to our CAS but do not use the
facilities to connect Sakai directly to the administrative server, and
we have found some issues I would like to comment with you hoping I can
get some help to solve or bypass them.

 1. Some of our postgraduate students took a selection course before
    being accepted to our programmes, and they were registered to Sakai
    with their email address as EID. Now we are replacing their email
    with their students id (known to CAS), and we have found that some
    student ids where already used (the students had done an
    undergraduate with us), but the users where not listed in Sakai
    users because they were authenticated by CAS.

    Is there a way for Sakai to list all users (Sakai's + CAS' ever
    logged into Sakai)?

 2. We have many accounts with two records: one in Sakai and another in
    CAS, because we started using Sakai without CAS. I deleted the Sakai
    record for one user (me), and still can login using CAS, but I am
    now unsubscribed from all sites I was subscribed before.

    How can I delete the records for these accounts in Sakai without
    loosing their site subscriptions?
    How can I restore my old subscriptions?

Regards,
Rafael