[Using Sakai] question regarding upgrade script

Sam Ottenhoff ottenhoff at longsight.com
Mon May 13 07:21:29 PDT 2013

> We are going to upgrade from 2.7.x to 2.9.x this summer. Im applying the
> database scripts to our testserver but I am having a little difficulty
> understanding “SAM-775” and how to clear duplicates. Is it correct to just
> run the sam_clean_duplicate.plsql script?

PL/SQL is for Oracle only.

To clean up the duplicates in MySQL, I would just do it manually.  First,
get a list of IDs

  SELECT MIN(ITEMGRADINGID) FROM SAM_ITEMGRADING_T
  GROUP BY PUBLISHEDITEMID, AGENTID, PUBLISHEDANSWERID,
ASSESSMENTGRADINGID, PUBLISHEDITEMTEXTID HAVING COUNT(*) > 1

Then put the IDs in the delete statement:

DELETE FROM SAM_ITEMGRADING_T WHERE ITEMGRADINGID IN (
);

> I also got an ERROR when I try to create the index “CREATE INDEX FK1DDE4138A306F94D ON MFR_HIDDEN_GROUPS_T(a_surrogateKey);”. The error says: ****
>
> sakai upgrade ERROR 1280 (42000): Incorrect index name “FK1DDE4138A306F94D”. When I check the table I can see that there already is some kind of index with that name there so maybe it’s already created?****

Yes, you already have the index so you can ignore the error.