[Using Sakai] question regarding upgrade script

Anders Nordkvist anders.nordqvist at his.se
Mon May 13 07:00:16 PDT 2013

Hi,

We are going to upgrade from 2.7.x to 2.9.x this summer. Im applying the database scripts to our testserver but I am having a little difficulty understanding "SAM-775" and how to clear duplicates. Is it correct to just run the sam_clean_duplicate.plsql script? The other files are empty apart from the patch file. In this case to run the .plsql script should I just copy all information and paste it into mysql from command or what is the best solution? (It's the 2.8.x-2.9.0 script by the way).

I also got an ERROR when I try to create the index "CREATE INDEX FK1DDE4138A306F94D ON MFR_HIDDEN_GROUPS_T(a_surrogateKey);". The error says:

sakai upgrade ERROR 1280 (42000): Incorrect index name "FK1DDE4138A306F94D". When I check the table I can see that there already is some kind of index with that name there so maybe it's already created?

mysql> show indexes from MFR_HIDDEN_GROUPS_T;

+---------------------+------------+--------------------+--------------+----------------+-----------+-------------+----------+--------+------+------------+---------+---------------+

| Table               | Non_unique | Key_name           | Seq_in_index | Column_name    | Collation | Cardinality | Sub_part | Packed | Null | Index_type | Comment | Index_comment |

| mfr_hidden_groups_t |          0 | PRIMARY            |            1 | ID             | A         |           0 |     NULL | NULL   |      | BTREE      |         |               |

| mfr_hidden_groups_t |          1 | FK1DDE4138A306F94D |            1 | a_surrogateKey | A         |           0 |     NULL | NULL   | YES  | BTREE      |         |               |

2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Regards
Anders Nordkvist
System administrator