[Using Sakai] Graphics in forum messages..

Sam Ottenhoff ottenhoff at longsight.com
Fri Aug 17 21:31:26 PDT 2012

> ** **
>
> For another simple example, the ability to do paper based exams and enter
> the grades seemed to be missing, or at least require some manual database
> manipulations – this seemed odd to me, and something that would be a common
> use-case.

I don't think that's accurate.  Both the Gradebook tool and the Assignments
tool with Student Submissions set to Non-Electronic meet that use case out
of the box.

> ****
>
> ** **
>
> I am a bit surprised at missing features like this; NB even the forum
> discussing Sakai has better features than the Sakai tool being discussed!
> (Images in your response.)  J

There are plenty of weaknesses in Sakai documented in our JIRA, but I don't
think the Forums is a very good example of a weakness.  Forums supports
rich-text messages including images in the response, attachments,
moderation, bulk grading of student posts, start/stop end dates, post
before reading, finite permissions, statistics on student messages read and
authored.

If you think that you may be testing on an older instance, take a look at a
nightly build:

  http://nightly2.sakaiproject.org:8082/portal

Create an account in the left navigation.

-Sam