[Using Sakai] Question about Assignments > Return to Student

Nicola Monat-Jacobs nicola at longsight.com
Mon Mar 22 09:20:42 PDT 2010

Hi -

I have a question about how the 'Return to Student' functionality is supposed to work in Assignments. If an instructor clicks that button, rather than 'Save' should the grade and feedback be released to just that one student? Or must the student wait until the Instructor releases everyone's grades? I had thought that Return to Student would also release the grade for that student, but in testing on the QA servers, it doesn't look like it works that way anymore.

Just to complicate matters more, this particular scenario has the student submitting their work via email, not through Sakai, and the instructor attempting to use the 'Grade' functionality of the Assignments tool to send feedback back to her. So, there's no original submission in the system - which may complicate things.

Let me know if I should take this query to the dev list instead.

Thanks,
Nicola Monat-Jacobs