[Using Sakai] Problems with Upload All in Assignments?

Jeff Ziegler ziegler at umich.edu
Fri Feb 12 06:17:02 PST 2010

Hi Leah,

Troubleshooting Upload All can be tough (especially remotely).  What
version of Sakai are you running?  This could possibly be SAK-12029.
Fixed long ago but you may not have the patch pulled into your instance.

  SAK-12187 sounds closer to what you're describing, though, and
fixed a bit more recently.

I've also seen problems with the app that's used to create the zipped
archive - generally, Windows users are most likely to get hit by
this.  If they're not already doing so I would recommend that your
instructors try WinZIP to create the zip file and see if that
eliminates the error.  You can get a trial version here:   http://
download.cnet.com/WinZip/3000-2250_4-10003164.html

Jeff

On Feb 11, 2010, at 4:45 PM, Leah.Bergman at notes.udayton.edu wrote:

> Good afternoon,
>
> Has anyone experienced intermittent problems with the "upload all"
> feature in the Assignments tool?  We've had 3 users report that
> when they try to upload all they get this error message:  You have
> not selected a zip archive file.  I have verified that all users
> are re-zipping the file and re-uploading it properly.  They are all
> using Windows XP and Mozilla Firefox (different versions).  I am
> only able to reproduce the problem on one of our computers.
> Internet Explorer seems to work without any trouble.  If anyone has
> any solutions, please let me know.
>
> Thanks,
> Leah

"New != better.  Different != better.  Only better == better."

Jeff Ziegler - CTools Support Supervisor
CTools Implementation Group
Digital Media Commons, Duderstadt Center