[samigo-team] SAM-1088: follow-up questions

Sam Ottenhoff ottenhoff at longsight.com
Fri Mar 23 08:44:38 PDT 2012

I am following up on SAM-1088. There were a few questions from Karen
and Christine that I have ignored for the past few months....

1) Karen: "I have added the if statement to check to see if automatic
submission is enabled (in sakai.properties) before displaying the
error message. Please take a look and let me know what you think. "

Yes, looks good!

2) Christine: "I tested out publishing an assessment with the "Late
submissions WILL NOT be accepted after the due date" setting and only
a due date. In your comment above, you said the Retract Date field
will be set as the same value as the Due Date, but it doesn't....."

The Retract Date will be set to the same value as the Due Date *if*
Automatic Submission is enabled and late submissions will not be
accepted.

Should Retract Date always be set to the same value as the Due Date if
late submissions will not be accepted?  If yes, let's file a sub-JIRA
of SAM-1088, and I will submit a patch.

3) Christine: "I also found that all auto-submitted assessments are
marked LATE. When the assessment is completed and saved before the due
date (assessment not entered after due date), it should be marked
AUTO-SUBMIT."

Okay, can you file a separate JIRA?  I will attach a patch.

--Sam