[samigo-team] Assessment Organization - Navigation Options

Raad Al-Rawi Raad.Al-Rawi at admin.cam.ac.uk
Tue Apr 10 04:00:15 PDT 2012

Hi Samigo Team

I asked this question a few months ago, but I don't think anyone said anything at the time, so I'm just posing it again for your enjoyment!

We're running Samigo on Sakai 2.7, and one of our tutors was looking at running a timed assessment. He emailed us as he was having difficulty doing what he wanted to do, saying:

"An important part of ensuring the fidelity of the research is ensuring that students view questions in a
random order without being able to see the whole question list (to reduce chances of copying). I've looked at the various options for allowing students access to questions, but it seems that what I want to do isn't available."

So Samigo has 2 navigation options:

1. Linear access to questions with NO return to previous pages. (There are only "Next" buttons to go forward. There is NO Table of Contents page.)

2. Random access to questions from a Table of Contents. (There are "Next" and "Previous" buttons on each page for navigation.)

But what our tutor wants is a sort of mixture of both, i.e.

Random access to questions with NO return to previous pages. (There are only "Next" buttons to go forward. There is NO Table of Contents page.)

Is this something that's already been raised / in the pipeline?

Cheers

Raad

~~
Raad Al-Rawi
CamTools Operations Analyst
University of Cambridge

Management Information Services Division
Greenwich House
Madingley Rise
Cambridge
CB3 0TX