[samigo-team] question about Data Discrepancy errors in Samigo

Bryan Holladay holladay at longsight.com
Mon Sep 12 11:41:42 PDT 2011

We've actually turned off this check for a few of our clients.  In the
code, it's a real simple check:

When you load the page, there's a timestamp that gets stored on the
server and is also posted to the page that is loaded
When you submit the page (i.e. save) then it compares the submitted
timestamp to the timestamp saved on the server
If they do not match, then "Data Discrepancy"

So in your case with the browser back button, here's a step by step:

Load first page,  serverTimeStamp = 10:00, 1stpageTimestamp: 10:00
Load Second Page, serverTimeStamp = 10:04, 2ndPageTimestamp 10:04
Press backbutton on browser, the old page has timestamp: 10:00, server
still has 10:04
Press Save: serverTimeStamp: 10:04, 1stPageTimestamp: 10:00

This is also how multiple tabs are checked.  It's not a perfect system
and would be hard to deduce why the times are different, hence the
generic error.

-Bryan