[sakai2-tcc] For Discussion - Community Survey - alpha

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Tue Sep 24 13:21:02 PDT 2013

And yet another thought.

What if we had a question about motivation? Sometimes remembering why you do something, reconnecting with your motivation, can be well, uhmm… motivating. And help potentially build a business case as well, for your institution.

Q: What are the primary motivations you have for contributing to the Sakai project? Feel free to choose more than one.

Answers:
* So that local changes make it back into the core product
* To keep up-to-date with the latest changes coming from Sakai in the near future.
* So we can merge existing patches and fixes to our local copy of Sakai
* To influence the direction of the project
* To collaborate with peer institutions
* To promote the sustainability of Sakai, so that it will be relevant and useful for many years to come
* To give back to the community, since we get so much from Sakai

etc. (wording subject to change, but just to share some ideas).

We would be getting up to 9 or 10 questions and probably would not want to go any further.  This should be a quick and easy survey to complete. Also thinking we should explicitly allow more than one person per institution to take this survey, since diverse viewpoints, and individual connections, could be valuable.

Thanks,
Neal

Neal Caidin
Sakai CLE Community Coordinator