[sakai2-tcc] LessonBuilder impact of LTI 2.1.0

Charles Severance csev at umich.edu
Sat Mar 16 08:27:33 PDT 2013

Hi Chuck,

There are some tweaks to the LTI API (2.1.0) in Sakai 2.9.2 that you should check over to make changes to your calls in places where you are inserting Tools or Content items in LB code.  These changes are backwards compatible - they should cause no harm in earlier versions of Sakai / LTI - it just wants a few more parameters in 2.1.0 - but since we are passing in hash maps, the extra parameters are simply ignored on the 2.0.0 and earlier stuff.

The two big areas are the new "allow" fields that are part of the tool that filter what you can and cannot set in a content item and the requirements for pagetitle field (i.e. button text) in the tool and content items.

Most of the new requirements are nicely captured in the doImport Tool() method of this file:

https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/basiclti/trunk/basiclti-blis/src/java/org/sakaiproject/blti/LessonsFacade.java

Here are some particular JIRAs and changes that might draw your attention to needed changes.

BLTI-224

When adding a tool in the LessaonsFacade make sure to allow the page and tool title to be
overridden.

https://source.sakaiproject.org/viewsvn/basiclti/trunk/basiclti-blis/src/java/org/sakaiproject/blti/LessonsFacade.java?r1=119588&r2=121289

BLTI-207
BLTI-203

Cleanup a few hanging chads w.r.t. BLTI-203

Teach the Site Info tool to be able to set the allowlori field on its tools.

Catch a few printlns and turn them into log.debug()

Catch a little bug where it was trying to find the pre-installed tool and making
the wrong if-test.

https://source.sakaiproject.org/viewsvn/basiclti/trunk/basiclti-blis/src/java/org/sakaiproject/blti/LessonsFacade.java?r1=119563&r2=119588

I can look over any calls that you might be making in LB to see if something jumps out at me if you tell me where to look.  So far actually, I have been testing LB from both trunk and 2-9-x for a while with the LTI 2.1.0 code and have had no problems - but I figured I would call your attention to this in case there was some bit of code I had not exercised in my testing so far.

/Chuck