[sakai2-tcc] Infrastructure discussion for future meeting?

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 04:04:24 PST 2013

There is an Apereo incubation working group. I'm on it and we've had two meetings so far. It was mainly formed from people in the existing incubation group from Jasig and interested parties from the Board. At the moment we are doing a very high level (I can't stress that enough) 'what do we want incubation to achieve' so that projects that go through incubation and graduate are successful sponsored Apereo projects.
In the very near future, more details will be released to everyone here, interested people will be interviewed and asked to provide input to shape what the incubation process is going to ultimately be all about.

There will be no surprises. People seem to be rather defensive about incubation for existing projects and I'm not sure why, it can only make things better.

As for timelines, by the conference this should all be complete. It can then be discussed further and amended, then ultimately ratified by the Board.

cheers,
Steve