[sakai2-tcc] Mysql tablename case

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at it.ox.ac.uk
Fri Jan 25 07:23:59 PST 2013

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 3:10 PM, Matthew Jones <matthew at longsight.com> wrote:
> Yea, Sam and I were considering the conversion effort, and if it could be
> done with a regex or an XML parsing script it could be worth it, but I think
> things like embedded hibernate queries with mixed case table names
> referencing mixed case java classes will make that effort very difficult and
> most likely time better spent elsewhere. [1] All the legacy stuff looks
> uppercase, much of the newer and hibernate stuff is either lower or mixed.

I'm starting to get off the original topic on which there seems to be
general agreement.

Is it worth having a recommendation that all future tables are lower
case? This way if we do ever decide to go down that route we minimise
the amount of work required.

--
  Matthew Buckett, VLE Developer, IT Services, University of Oxford