[sakai2-tcc] Mysql tablename case

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Fri Jan 25 07:10:46 PST 2013

Yea, Sam and I were considering the conversion effort, and if it could be
done with a regex or an XML parsing script it could be worth it, but I
think things like embedded hibernate queries with mixed case table names
referencing mixed case java classes will make that effort very difficult
and most likely time better spent elsewhere. [1] All the legacy stuff looks
uppercase, much of the newer and hibernate stuff is either lower or mixed.

Generally these were caught by someone early in the QA process (on a QA
server) when the script failed, and I'm not sure why it wasn't caught for
this cycle. In the past when I was at Michigan I tested all scripts (From
Sakai 2.6->2.8) on Linux and Windows in Mysql local to both as well as
Oracle. Now I just test on Mysql for Linux and this seems like this should
have came up. I know the number of active QA servers has dropped to really
just IU (Oracle/HSQL), Rutgers (Mysql) and Longsight (Mysql) and we have no
nightly server for Mysql that runs any conversions. We did run a 2.8->2.9
conversion test as well as Liquibase to compare differences prior to the
release. That work won't go away in either case fixed or not.

[1]
   <query name="findAllMembershipItemsForForumsForSite">
    <![CDATA[select membership from
org.sakaiproject.component.app.messageforums
.dao.hibernate.DBMembershipItemImpl as membership
            join membership.forum as forum
            join forum.area as area
            left join fetch membership.permissionLevel
            where
            area.id = :areaId
        ]]>
  </query>