[sakai2-tcc] Governance proposal: Tiebreaking votes

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Thu Jan 10 08:52:18 PST 2013

Per TCC governance, this proposal would be adopted by lazy consensus within
3 days if there are no objections.

Does anyone have any thoughts or objections to this? I'm not too sure about
the virtual coin toss, but if it were to be done it should probably be
clarified as to use the previous method (http://cointossr.com/) and be
tossed between the current chair and vice chair. As well as a screenshot of
the result recorded in the TCC voting results (I.E. Tails=Candidate 1,
Heads=Candidate 2)

Another idea is having the current chair (or person collecting the votes)
either abstaining from voting (if they cause the tie) or casting a vote
between the top tied candidates to break the tie.

I don't feel strongly either way, and hope there isn't another tie, but
it's good to have something documented. I'm okay with coin toss. As far as
election coming up. . .