[sakai2-tcc] Planning for Sakai 2.10 and beyond

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 08:20:58 PDT 2012

I really dont understand why you are so averse to management within this
project. Yes, the Product Council was a management group, and yes it wasn't
great. But that does not mean all management structures are failures. So
lets learn from that and do it right. Lets not allow non contributing
statekholders to be part of it and ensure the right people are on the group.

The TCC was setup as a purely technical group. If its going to be the CLE
Coordination group then drop the T.
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/TCC/Formation+Announcement

I have complete confidence that the TCC, this group, can undertake the kind
of consultation and planning that is required. However we need others to
inform that process, like students and teachers and the community. In the
end though, it is management whatever way you look at it, even if you want
to keep it within the TCC.

Also, no need to get personal. I raised an issue which I feel is important
for this project to survive, a matter informed by recent events,
discussions and reflections. If the cancellation of two regional Sakai
conferences and a bunch of major institutions dropping their involvement
isnt a wake up call to us all, I don't know what is.

thanks,
Steve