[sakai2-tcc] Planning for Sakai 2.10 and beyond

Charles Severance csev at umich.edu
Mon Sep 24 07:57:55 PDT 2012

On Sep 24, 2012, at 10:41 AM, Berg, Alan wrote:

> Not thinking in extremes of a large set of requirements, but rather shaping the TCC's relationship with the wider community.

This I *completely* agree with.   I think that the TCC absolutely needs to expand its relationship with the Sakai community.

I think that for the past two years, the TCC operated too far under the radar - because OAE was the "golden child" and everyone wanted to give the OAE its best chance of success.

Now that it is clear that OAE will not deliver on its promise of a complete rewrite, it time for the TCC to re-emerge into the light of day and embrace its now broadened role.

I think that this re-emergence and re-engagement will be beautiful and natural and wonderful and happen quickly.

The only thing that might cause any problem is the notion (raised by Steve) that we need a governing body *above* the TCC to manage this re-engagement of the broader community.  I am not going to let that happen this time.  Lets not make the mistake of "we need a management body" for the 7th or 8th time.

I fully expect that the non-contributing Sakai stakeholders will assert that they need to be on some sort of "guiding body" because they want to be in charge without investing resources like the Product Council.   What bothers me is when members of the TCC advocate for the creation of a Product Council-like body management body above us.   Sheesh.  Have we learned nothing?

/Chuck