[sakai2-tcc] Planning for Sakai 2.10 and beyond

Berg, Alan A.M.Berg at uva.nl
Mon Sep 24 07:41:15 PDT 2012

Just thinking along with you.

Chuck > We do not want *any* money or *any* people with strings attached.  They turn out to be anchors that drag us down to our death.

+ Seth: > I urge everyone to remember the history of the ill-fated Requirements
WG. And its previous incarnation: the Requirements WG.

I remember giving a presentation with the likes of Aaron Zeckoski in Valencia. It was about communities and doocracy. We even got a lead for Mexican waves (yes we know who you are :)). It was fun.

If we are missing resources it probably means that the barriers to dooacry need diminishing either at the Institutional level or individual level.  How do we move the effort from local GIt / Subversion and mSub into trunk? Stevens suggestion of reaching out to the community with a clear set of suggested entry points would not only give the TCC feedback, but also the community. Not thinking in extremes of a large set of requirements, but rather shaping the TCC's relationship with the wider community.

Alan

Alan Berg

Group Education and Research Services
Central Computer Services