[sakai2-tcc] sakai2-tcc Digest, Vol 21, Issue 26

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Fri Mar 23 14:57:02 PDT 2012

Thanks for the comments Alan! I agree that these terms may not be clear,
and for question 6, they might not realize what it means until answering
question 7, which isn't a great thing.

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 5:47 PM, Regan, Alan <Alan.Regan at pepperdine.edu>wrote:

> 3.) Same as above.  For Question 6, do not assume people know what a
> "framework version upgrade" or "local change" means.  I don't.  Do you mean
> a full-version upgrade (e.g. v2.7 > v2.8)?  What about a same-version
> upgrade (e.g. 2.8.0 > 2.8.3), do these qualify as a planned upgrade?  I
> would assume a "local change" might be a local customization, like adding a
> new integration or changing the skin in some way.  A little explanation
> (not mountains of text, of course) would be helpful, IMHO.

I saw this and also didn't comment yesterday. "framework version" isn't
really that clear and I agree should be worded differently especially
considering the potential audience. Major version makes a little more sense
or even listing examples: Major version (e.g. 2.7, 2.8, 2.9)

3.) I know this is a long link, but is this a better option for the last
> link?  You could bit.ly it...
>
> https://jira.sakaiproject.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+PROD+AND+status+%3D+Open+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC&mode=hide

I think the link to the top level PROD project is sufficient and still
readable?

https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/PROD