[sakai2-tcc] sakai2-tcc Digest, Vol 21, Issue 26

Regan, Alan Alan.Regan at pepperdine.edu
Fri Mar 23 14:47:34 PDT 2012

Dear TCC,

While not a member of the TCC, I may receive the eventual survey.  If you'd like some feedback, here are a few notes:

1.) Can the Yes / No be vertical, like the rest of the questions?  I lost sight of the "No" at first.

2.) If this is going to foundation contacts, some of these may be executives, not developers.  Don't assume folks understand the lingo.  For Question 5, they may not understand the differences between "official," "maintenance," and "other."

3.) Same as above.  For Question 6, do not assume people know what a "framework version upgrade" or "local change" means.  I don't.  Do you mean a full-version upgrade (e.g. v2.7 > v2.8)?  What about a same-version upgrade (e.g. 2.8.0 > 2.8.3), do these qualify as a planned upgrade?  I would assume a "local change" might be a local customization, like adding a new integration or changing the skin in some way.  A little explanation (not mountains of text, of course) would be helpful, IMHO.

3.) I know this is a long link, but is this a better option for the last link?  You could bit.ly it...
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+PROD+AND+status+%3D+Open+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC&mode=hide

Thanks for reading.  I hope something here helps.

Sincerely,

Alan Regan, MFA
Manager, Technology and Learning
Information Technology