[sakai2-tcc] Roster2 replacing Roster Classique

Adrian Fish adrian.r.fish at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 09:29:02 PDT 2012

Hi Chuck,

 - Uploaded images only (out of the box)

That's implemented in Profile2 as is and therefore reflected in Roster2

> - Official images only - need to write provider - users cannot upload
> picture of themselves at all as their profile image

I don't think there is any need for a provider. The sakai props are all
there; you can enforce the official picture and block upload. I think there
is a bug here though. Even if you block upload and enforce official
pictures, the gravatar option is still displayed in profile preferences.

> - Users can "replace" the official image but teachers can look behind the
> uploaded image to see the official image when they want to and only in the
> context of a class (i.e. if someone is my friend and not in a class and I
> go to their profile, I cannot look behind the profile image)

That's the one that's missing I think. Steve's suggestion of a url param
switch to enforce delivery of the official image by Profile2 will perhaps
do the job.

> - Users can completely replace the official image with an uploaded image

That's implemented in Profile2  with properties.

> Another way to skin this cat would be to teach ProfileWow that there can
> be multiple profile images and one of the profile images is the official
> one and based on a flag, the user can or cannot delete the official profile
> image from their list of current/former profile images.
>
> While we are there could we switch the default tab to "Wall" :)

We're talking about Roster2 here, okay? You ask too much :)

Cheers,
Adrian.