[sakai2-tcc] Agenda - Re: Invitations sent for TCC - CLECC meeting this week

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 15:41:52 PST 2012

At the moment it is the Apereo board brainstorming a document for an
incubation model for Apereo, and the current Incubation group is working on
how to expand the Jasig process to cover Sakai as well.

A few months ago there was a call for people to get involved in the
planning of the new incubation process (IIRC) so if you are interested in
participating I would shoot Susan Bramhall at Yale an email.

Here is the current Jasig incubation process, which is quite comprehensive:
https://wiki.jasig.org/display/INCU/Incubation+Process

If a project is in good shape, its just ticking boxes. I dont think anyone
should be afraid of applying that to all modules in Sakai. If a project is
in such poor shape that it fails then its probably a good idea that is
identified so it can either be replaced or brought up to scratch.

Note that the review also covers licensing, and one thing we can use for
that is this Jasig maven plugin:
https://wiki.jasig.org/display/LIC/maven-notice-plugin

cheers,
Steve