[sakai2-tcc] Sakai 2.7.2 and Sakai 2.8.1

Aaron Zeckoski azeckoski at unicon.net
Thu Nov 3 04:48:02 PDT 2011

I think that all of these are related (somewhat)
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-433
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-815
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-797

Essentially, I was advocating for explicitly wrapping a try catch and
calling a rollback when a failure occurs or a commit otherwise
(notably, Chuck H did suggest this in some form). I think Chuck was
advocating for just setting the transaction to immediate write and
temporarily disabling that though it is a little fuzzy. I believe the
resolution was that we would try doing the try-catch-rollback in the
methods in DB service and test to see if it begins to fix the things
in these 3 tickets. There was also mention of ensuring the pool is
explicitly set to either commit or rollback on recycle of a connection
(I think I wanted rollback).

-AZ