[sakai2-tcc] Sakai 2.7.2 and Sakai 2.8.1

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Wed Nov 2 21:19:51 PDT 2011

Focusing on 2.8.1, of the 11 tickets you cite:

Ticket resolved and fix included in 2.8.1 = 4
Tickets that can and should be addressed by off-cycle releases of emailtemplateservice and search = 3
Tickets that require confirmation that bug is actually resident in 2.8.1 =  3
Tickets not addressed by 2.8.1 = 1

Cheers,

Anth

On Nov 2, 2011, at 11:11 PM, Steve Swinsburg wrote:

> Here are some:
>
> Email fails if there is no en_US template even though a "no locale" template exists
> https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-21295

This bug can be addressed by performing an off-cycle emailtemplateservice release.  It does not require a 2.8.2 release to resolve.

> Regression: delayed announcements are emailed immediately
> https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-21071

All merges to 2.8.x included in 2.8.1.  No fixes included in 2.7.x/2.7.2 due to merge conflicts as noted in the ticket.

> 2.8.0 to 2.8.1 conversion loses mail messages
> https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-21305

This issue needs to be confirmed for 2.8.1.  Charles Hedrick notes: "This needs to be checked at some site other than Rutgers. I'm concerned that we may have done something after doing 2.8.0 that added the message_order="0"."

> wrong default sort order for announcements
> https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-21308

This issue needs to be confirmed for 2.8.1.  Charles Hedrick notes: "I don't know how to duplicate a wrong sort order on the QA server, so I can't show any actual problem for this. But I note that initially no column is shown as selected for sort, whereas after posting an announcement, sort by date is selected. So I think the problem is present even though I can't demonstrate it."

> 2.8.1 upgrade for announcements needs to renumber all announcements
> https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-21306

This issue needs to be confirmed for 2.8.1.  As Charles Hedrick notes: "message_order is really buggy in 2.8.0 (and in the 2.8.1 that we're using, but I think this is not true of the 2.8.1 tag)."

> Copyright controls are not working
> https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-21178

2.8.x,  r100255 (30 Oct 2011).

> Regresion: exception on shared merge (This is in 2.8.1 so needs to be put out there)
> https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SRCH-59

If still an issue, this can be addressed by an off-cycle release of search.  It does not require a 2.8.2 release to rectify.

> "node already merging shared segments" on lone instance
> https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SRCH-38

If still an issue, this can be addressed by an off-cycle release of search.  It does not require a 2.8.2 release to rectify.

> Announcement reordering should be enabled by default
> https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-21109

Fix in 2.8.1 tag.  See SAK-21015.

> Preferences -> Nofications descriptions missing for Announcements and Email Archive
> https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-21078

Fix in 2.8.1 tag

> Site Info: Manage Access interface allows all sites to be made joinable
> https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-20913

Fix in 2.8.1 tag