[sakai2-tcc] Status of Websphere/DB2 support for 2.8.0

John Bush john.bush at rsmart.com
Wed Mar 16 18:47:52 PDT 2011

i would just like to point out, and maybe this is something that could be
worked in the messaging, that irrespective of this stuff moving out of sakai
or not.  The efforts to port sakai to websphere/db2 did uncover many issues
about database and servlet container portability in Sakai.  Even removing
some of the specifics out of the code, still other changes would remain that
make it easier to port in the future.

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 6:37 PM, May, Megan Marie <mmmay at indiana.edu> wrote:

> It seems like there is consensus towards options 1 & 2.   Since 2 is 1 plus
> broad communication, we are at least at a place that is actionable!
>
> I did find it interesting that many on the TCC preferred option 1.   One of
> the biggest challenges I see in the community these days is the lack of
> transparency.    I believe the TCC has an opportunity to lead by example and
> that an announcement such as this is realistic, pragmatic and open about
> what is going on is a great opportunity.    Chuck mentioned that we should
> be sure to steer clear of blame/shame and  I wholeheartedly agree that
> finger pointing gains us nothing.
>
> Are there other concerns that I'm not thinking about?
>
> Megan

John Bush
602-490-0470