[sakai2-tcc] Status of Websphere/DB2 support for 2.8.0

May, Megan Marie mmmay at indiana.edu
Wed Mar 16 18:37:01 PDT 2011

It seems like there is consensus towards options 1 & 2.   Since 2 is 1 plus broad communication, we are at least at a place that is actionable!

I did find it interesting that many on the TCC preferred option 1.   One of the biggest challenges I see in the community these days is the lack of transparency.    I believe the TCC has an opportunity to lead by example and that an announcement such as this is realistic, pragmatic and open about what is going on is a great opportunity.    Chuck mentioned that we should be sure to steer clear of blame/shame and  I wholeheartedly agree that finger pointing gains us nothing.

Are there other concerns that I'm not thinking about?

Megan