[sakai2-tcc] We need a blog tool for Sakai 2.9

Adrian Fish a.fish at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu Mar 3 01:47:58 PST 2011

I don't understand what you mean by clog only having trunk. How is that
relevant to it being in 2.9?

Cheers,
Adrian.

On 03/03/2011 09:26, Jean-Francois Leveque wrote:
Hi Steve,

I already need one for 2.8, and as soon as 2.8.0 is released, I will
have to try a replacement for Blogger. I'd really like to choose one
that will be in 2.9.

https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/CLOG/Home

Only has trunk right now.

https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/BW/Home

Only has recent activity in trunk.

The first thing we want to know is if those projects want to go through
the incubation process. It seems it's the case for both, but I'd like
the current teams to answer.

I am happy to help this process, even if others are interested.

I will welcome documentation about running those projects with Sakai 2.8.

cheers,

J-F

Steve Swinsburg a écrit :
Hi all,

We've talked about this a lot but never actually got anywhere except to
pull Blogger from the release. Whilst I understand the reason behind
pulling an unsupported and dated tool, I do feel that not having a
replacement is a sad state to get in. It reduces the feature set and
makes Sakai as a product less competitive.

So I want to reignite the discussion for getting a blog tool in our
sights for Sakai 2.9. We have time to get that tool through the
incubation process, whatever that is.

AFAIK there are two candidates, Clog, and BlogWow.
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/CLOG/Home
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/BW/Home

I am happy to drive this process if no one else interested.

Thoughts?

regards,
Steve

--