[sakai2-tcc] Cleaning up versions in Jira

David Horwitz david.horwitz at uct.ac.za
Wed Jul 6 07:36:07 PDT 2011

Hi Matt,

On 07/06/2011 04:26 PM, Matthew Jones wrote:
> Where was this discussed at? While I'll agree the .x and trunk pretty
> alone useless as an affects or fixed, I can see both being useful if
> there was a version number attached to it.

I raised this at the project planing meeting. What do you mean by "if
there was a version number attached to it". There is always the the
version for the next release of a branch (indicated by the [Tentative])
and listed in Jira in the "Unreleased" heading.

> I think I'd still leave the latest 2.5 as a version, as people are
> still running that and people are still fixing it. However I'd *guess*
> that most are on 2.5.x, but that wouldn't be selectable right?

2.5.7 and 2.5.x have been archived for some time - I'm not aware of any
branch merges that have been done since Steve Swinsberg did the last
official round. It seems to me that most schools that are on 2.5 are
working on migrating (based on what I've seen on list but are could be
wrong).