[sakai2-tcc] JSF Upgrade for Sakai 2.9?

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 13:55:03 PST 2011

In favour of *anything else*, would be a good move.

I don't think we need to just pick one though, the great thing about Sakai 2 is we can use whatever we want. It can become a maintenance issue though, but with a little foresight and not choosing a UI tech that is at an evolutionary dead end, then those problems can be mitigated somewhat. Also, not abandoning projects is another way to keep on top of maintenance ;)

If we can upgrade JSF for 2.9 with minimal fuss then I reckon we do it. Then re-evaluate the lifespan of current JSF tools.

cheers,
Steve