[sakai2-tcc] SAK-18559 : Email Notification Preferences

Maurer, Christopher Wayne chmaurer at iupui.edu
Thu Sep 9 13:47:24 PDT 2010

I finally ported the IU changes over to trunk (well, in branches actually) and it is available for review.

https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn//kernel/branches/SAK-18559
https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn//osp/branches/SAK-18559
https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn//user/branches/SAK-18559
https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn//config/branches/SAK-18559
https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn//announcement/branches/SAK-18559
https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn//mailarchive/branches/SAK-18559
https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn//syllabus/branches/SAK-18559

The short of it is I wanted to add preferences for a couple of OSP tools, but I knew that no one would go for those new dependencies to the user module!  So, now, tools can register themselves as having notification preferences!  Tools are now responsible for their own text, as well as a few other options.  You can "stealth" them if you decide that you don't want to see certain ones (via sakai.properties).
Under this new method I was also able to remove the user module dependencies on announcements, mailarchive and syllabus!  Hopefully that's a good thing!

If there are no objections, I'll merge these back to trunk in a week (so, on the 17th-ish).

The design attached to the jira isn't quite up to date, but I can attach some screen shots of how it's actually working.

Chris