[sakai2-tcc] Cross cutting concerns and prompt patching during a major release

Jean-Francois Leveque jean-francois.leveque at upmc.fr
Fri Nov 26 02:40:52 PST 2010

Anthony Whyte a écrit :
> The Samigo team has reported on more than one occasion that their local resource base places constraints on the speed with which they can accommodate feature requests, patches, bug fixes etc.  Site Info and worksite setup are currently maintained by a single developer operating in heroic mode.

Could someone outside the Samigo team, maybe from the MT, be trusted by
this team to validate patches?

If you're talking about heroic Zhen Qian (didn't know about her being in
this mode), maybe the MT could help her.

It seems there are various shades of gray in the maintenance of tools.
We might have to deal with it one way or another.

> A focus on people rather than process is what we need here to reduce the lags in the way we handle contributed patches .  If you want to reduce bottlenecks in patch processing it would do well to look first at how we as a development team can assist each other directly rather than to imagining that we can process our way out of these challenges.

A focus on tools leads to people maintaining the tools, of course. I
think we have several uncoordinated (AFAICT) dev teams, whether tools
teams or the MT.

> Cheers,
>
> Anth

Cheers