[sakai2-tcc] Filtering Content served from CHS

Jean-Francois Leveque jean-francois.leveque at upmc.fr
Fri Dec 10 05:51:46 PST 2010

Matthew Buckett a écrit :
> On 10 December 2010 12:04, Jean-Francois Leveque
> <jean-francois.leveque at upmc.fr> wrote:
>> Matthew Buckett a écrit :
>>> In my currently implementation yes.

>>> At the moment it isn't, but it only filters HTML files it thinks are
>>> missing their headers and footers.
>>> Are you suggesting the feature presented in the UI is off by default
>>> or that filtering should be off by default?
>> I think that, if the filtering for HTML fragments created by the FCKEditor
>> in resources is needed, users shouldn't be able to alter it.
>
> It changes how ALL pages served up from CHS if they are missing a HTML
> header, this changes the font and depending on the other tags used in
> the page may change the layout of them as well, it all depends on what
> your Sakai CSS does.
>
>> Maybe I'm missing something.
>
> We locally switched it on for everyone, and didn't have any
> complaints, but I wanted the option to fix any HTML pages if users
> complained that their pages didn't look how they used to.
>
> The patch could be changed to only add a header and footer, but not
> the local site CSS.
>
> One advantage of using the site CSS is that the rendered page looks
> more like the content displayed in the FCKEditor.

Now I think I get it. All pages that are not well formed HTML from a
header/footer point of view are fixed. If I get this right this means a
reason for not doing this.

I'm not sure I understand what the option for users does. Does enable
setting the filter on for files that are not automagically detected?

Sorry if it takes me time to understand. I'm a bit ill and using a
foreign language.

Cheers,

J-F