[sakai2-tcc] Filtering Content served from CHS

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Fri Dec 10 05:39:17 PST 2010

On 10 December 2010 12:04, Jean-Francois Leveque
<jean-francois.leveque at upmc.fr> wrote:
> Matthew Buckett a écrit :
>>
>> On 10 December 2010 11:25, Jean-Francois Leveque
>> <jean-francois.leveque at upmc.fr> wrote:
>>>
>>> Does this mean end users will be able to control compress and addition of
>>> headers and footers to HTML fragments created by the FCKEditor in
>>> resources?
>>
>> In my currently implementation yes.
>>
>>> Will this be off by default?
>>
>> At the moment it isn't, but it only filters HTML files it thinks are
>> missing their headers and footers.
>> Are you suggesting the feature presented in the UI is off by default
>> or that filtering should be off by default?
>
> I think that, if the filtering for HTML fragments created by the FCKEditor
> in resources is needed, users shouldn't be able to alter it.

It changes how ALL pages served up from CHS if they are missing a HTML
header, this changes the font and depending on the other tags used in
the page may change the layout of them as well, it all depends on what
your Sakai CSS does.

> Maybe I'm missing something.

We locally switched it on for everyone, and didn't have any
complaints, but I wanted the option to fix any HTML pages if users
complained that their pages didn't look how they used to.

The patch could be changed to only add a header and footer, but not
the local site CSS.

One advantage of using the site CSS is that the rendered page looks
more like the content displayed in the FCKEditor.

--
  Matthew Buckett
  VLE Developer, LTG, Oxford University Computing Services