[sakai2-tcc] Remove axis2 for 2.8

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Wed Aug 18 06:36:42 PDT 2010

I believe as far as the startup issues, axis and axis 2 appear to be at some
'sweet spot' in the Sakai startup that just causes problems. Now with so
many tools in the builds, its basically a necessity that the default linux
file limit is increased. The suggestion for increasing the limit from 1000
to 10000 looked like it fixed this axis2 startup problem, [1] and we've
never had a problem with it here. (but don't use it).

I personally don't mind removing it as you have from the pom so it doesn't
build/deploy but I wouldn't entirely remove it from the webservices tree,
just incase someone has developed something against it. It's a tiny
download, especially compared to everything else.

Also, in a quick scan of the install guide I didn't see anything about open
files. Should probably add that somewhere in all install guides
(binary/source/demo).

[1]
http://collab.sakaiproject.org/pipermail/sakai-dev/2010-April/006901.html