[Using Sakai] Assignments - Save and Don't Release (UI redesign)

Jim Mezzanotte jmezzanotte at anisakai.com
Wed Sep 24 13:04:43 PDT 2014

Hi all,

Returning to the "save/release" workflow in Assignments--and a
suggestion for a UI redesign.

See the comment/attachment in https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-26356

Apologies in advance if this has already been suggested and considered
not to be a good UI approach to take--or if it's not possible to
implement (I'm not a developer).

But the idea is to separate all the components in the assignment
grading workflow: saving, releasing, grading, comments. If we pull
apart the "save/release" buttons (and pull apart the release of
grades/comments), we don't have to decide on a particular release
behavior for a button.

Instead, you always have a choice: release grades or release comments,
release both, or neither (you might choose neither if you only want to
save your work and/or allow resubmission). To apply your choices,
click "save."

Jim Mezzanotte
Asahi Net International