[Using Sakai] Lesson Builder functionality?

Charles Hedrick hedrick at rutgers.edu
Mon Oct 27 06:27:01 PDT 2014

Lessons itself supports site duplicate, import and export. The issues come up with handling of references to things like tests and files. We need to update references to objects in the old site to point to the corresponding objects in the new site. That support is provided by the kernel for site duplicate, but the kernel doesn’t provide the same kind of support for importing content. Lessons attempts to do fixups itself, but that function hasn’t been tested as well in import content as in duplicate site.

There’s one complexity: objects such as assignments are not published when a site is copied. For assignments and forums that’s not a big issue. Lessons fixes up the reference to the corresponding item in the new site. Once it’s published things should work OK. However in a site duplicate Samigo is a problem. In Samigo, published tests are completely different objects from the core assessment on which they are based. Thus when a site is copied, there’s no object in the new site we can point to corresponding to a published assessment in the old site. What we do is point to a special object that remembers the title of the assessment in the old site. When an assessment with the same title is published in the new site, Lessons links to it. If titles are different in the new site you’ll need to pull up the dialog and choose the correct published assessment once it has been published.