[Using Sakai] Sakai 10: options link renders differently in different browsers

Adam Marshall adam.marshall at it.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jul 16 05:58:30 PDT 2014

The 'Options' link displays differently in different browsers. In IE 8 (& others) you see an 'Options' button, in Chrome and others you see a 'pencil and paper' icon. See screenshot

[cid:image001.png at 01CFA0FD.566B5B00]

MSEI 8 vs Chrome

This makes it very difficult to write guidance material or indeed help people over the phone.

Was this intentional?

My vote (should I be lucky enough to get one) would be to stick with 'options' button: 90% of other 'admin' options for tools are buttons so why suddenly change one of the buttons in a couple of tools to an icon which is located in a completely different place to where it used to be?

It's a bad design decision if you ask me.

Adam

adam

--

** Note change of email address to adam.marshall at it.ox.ac.uk **

Dr A C Marshall, WebLearn Service Manager, University of Oxford.

IT Services, 13 Banbury Rd, Oxford. OX2 6NN.