[Using Sakai] possible samigo timed test bug

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Tue Dec 16 09:02:02 PST 2014

Hi Marius Stamate,

I cannot reproduce your problem on Sakai 10.x/10.3

I created two pools of 3 questions each. I created a test which had two
sections, each section drew 2 questions from each of the pools. I set it as
a timed exam for 20 minutes. I limited the number of submissions to one.

1) I sent notification upon publishing the assessment (which I had turned
on the property in sakai to make the message go to the log file).

2) From the notification, I clicked the link and took the exam as a
student.

3) I logged in as instructor to review the content.

4) A few minutes later I clicked the link again to take the exam as the
same student. I got the submission limit reached message and could not take
the exam, as expected.

5) I logged back in as instructor but all the content was still there (as
expected, but not the same result as you).

How can one reproduce the problem? Did I perform the steps properly? Maybe
it has been fixed between 10.0 and 10.3 (although off the top of my head I
don't remember this being reported as a 10.0 issue.

Thanks!
Neal Caidin
Sakai Community Coordinator