[Using Sakai] Handling of Assignment feedback to student on resubmissions

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Fri Aug 8 06:13:30 PDT 2014

[pedagogy, sakai-user, sakai-dev]

Hi All,

There has been some discussion on the topic of handling of Assignment
feedback to student on resubmissions [1] . It focuses on the expected
behavior of the "Save and Don't Release to Student" button, which is not as
clear as it could be.

We've had feedback from two institutions, one to keep it the way that it
is, and another, to change the label to "Save Draft" and only allow the
instructor to grant assignment resubmission to a student upon releasing the
grade and feedback. Other options have been mentioned in the course of
discussion.

So, I've come up with a two question survey that I think captures all the
options. For the two institutions which provided feedback, they both
indicated they had some internal discussion before responding (they are
both welcome to take this poll as well).

[1] Jira -  https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-26356

[2] Two question survey -
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1etNcSM6VSJbr18n0ooVUrAkkGIvHXD4-IsFEHlaP7oU/viewform?usp=send_form#start=invite

Thanks,