[Using Sakai] Why won't "Save and release to student" save and release?

Kenneth Litwak klitwak at apu.edu
Sat Sep 21 11:16:34 PDT 2013

In the year+ that I have used Sakai it continues to have what I find a very
annoying but. I have to click "Save and release to student" at least twice
and more often three times to make it work.  Otherwise, like right now, I
have an assignment and half of the assignments are only "graded" and not
"returned" because I didn't click this choice enough times.* It is even
worse that, since the option is only at the bottom of th page, I have to
keep scrolling down to the bottom to choose this, and for some reason Sakai
pages don't scroll like other pages do.   Is there some option I can select
in Sakai so that it ALWAYS absolutely without exception returns everything
graded to students across every single assignment, quiz, forum post, etc.?
That would be wonderful.  I keep having to go to forum posts and
assignments and release grades.   Thanks.

Ken

*I believe that Sakai is in Java, correct?  A single mouse click ought to
be enough for an event handler to do the job needed.  Does the Sakai team
need help with an action event handler for this option?

Kenneth D. Litwak, Ph.D.
Azusa Pacific University
680 E. Alosta Ave.
Azusa, CA 91702