[Using Sakai] New turnitin integration

Francesca Socolick francesca.socolick at nyu.edu
Fri Oct 11 09:30:05 PDT 2013

Hi All,

NYU has been experiencing some issues this semester as well with our Sakai
TII integration as well. I've arranged for a call with the company next
week to discuss these issues. Happy to share any insight which relate to
Sakai.

Thanks,
Francesca

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 12:18 PM, Josh Baron <Josh.Baron at marist.edu> wrote:

> Adam,
>
> Thanks for helping to collect this information and organize the community
> on this issue.
>
> Although likely unrelated to the the future issues you've noted below,
> we've been experiencing some significant problems with Turnitin this
> semester and their response to the issues have been slow.  Marist will
> certainly be interested and ready to work with others in the community to
> avoid future problems.
>
> Thanks, Josh
>
> -----------------------------
> Joshua Baron
> Senior Academic Technology Officer
> Marist College
> Poughkeepsie, New York  12601
> (845) 575-3623 (work)
> Twitter: JoshBaron
>

> From:        Adam Marshall <adam.marshall at it.ox.ac.uk>
> To:        "sakai-dev at collab.sakaiproject.org" <
> sakai-dev at collab.sakaiproject.org>, "sakai-user at collab.sakaiproject.org" <
> sakai-user at collab.sakaiproject.org>,
> Date:        10/11/2013 11:34 AM
> Subject:        [Using Sakai] New turnitin integration
> Sent by:        sakai-user-bounces at collab.sakaiproject.org
> ------------------------------
>

> As many of you will know, the current TurnItIn API will be withdrawn next
> year which means Sakai will have to sport a brand new integration if it is
> still to talk to TurnItIn.
>
> I think it would be useful if we could compile a list of all institutions
> who use the integration so that we can communicate and collaborate on the
> new codebase.
>
> Can you please send me contact details off line- I will add the info to
> https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/TII/Home or a subpage
> thereof. Please let me know if you don't want your email or name displayed
> in confluence.
>
> adam
>
> --
> Dr A C Marshall, WebLearn Service Manager, University of Oxford.
> IT Services, 13 Banbury Rd, Oxford. OX2 6NN.

Francesca Socolick
Instructional Designer and Usability Engineer
Educational Technology Services
Academic Technology Services, ITS
New York University
phone: 212-992-6786