[Using Sakai] duplicated course - lose categories for assignments...

Gregory Guthrie guthrie at mum.edu
Wed Jan 16 06:20:56 PST 2013

        "The "from assignments" means it's an item that is from the Assignments tool and not which category it was placed in. "
Yes; my point was just that the duplication tool knew that the item had been in that category, but decided not to maintain the classification.

I noticed this loss of categories on the assignments and looked in the database and found that all the category fields (GB_Gradeable_Object_T: Category_ID) were set on the original and NULL on the duplicate. So I had to through and do an assign to category for each and all was well, just a lot of clicking around to do it.

I'm not sure what you mean about the GB category settings, mine were a clone of the original - "Categories and weighting". I probably could do and export/import, but had expected the duplicate process to do this all right itself.

Thanks.

From: Bryan Holladay [mailto:holladay at longsight.com]

I believe these are two different things you are looking at.  The "from assignments" means it's an item that is from the Assignments tool and not which category it was placed in.  As for the categories coming over in the import, I haven't tried it, but I bet it has to do with the settings of the gradebook you are importing into.  Try setting the GB settings in the new GB to be a category gradebook then import.  If this works, then it sounds like we need to determine if importing should modify the existing GB's settings or not.  (usually only data structures come over and no settings or data).

-Bryan