[Using Sakai] Site Info -> Page Order -> Hide, Disable

Charles Severance csev at umich.edu
Mon Feb 4 07:02:10 PST 2013

This sounds like a bug.

Hidden should only mean that the portal does not generate a link to the tool in the left nav.   All other links (Lessons or otherwise) should work - or at least the portal should not get in the way.  Sometimes Lessons does tricks manipulating tool data when a link is only to appear on a certain date/time that might make a direct link not work in some situations.

If we are generating links that student sees but fail - that is a bug and we should file a JIRA.   It will need to be pretty specific so we can reproduce it as there are three cooperating moving parts (Portal, Lessons, and the tool itself).  It may take a bit of work to get them all on the same page - but it would be good to know the scenarios that exist that lead to broken links.

If you are using Lock, all bets are off as the site order tool then adds a function (site.upd) that disables any and all student access regardless of link (even via Lessons).

/Chuck