[Using Sakai] SIGNUP TOOL- Participants list

JOSE MARIANO LUJáN GONZáLEZ jmariano at um.es
Tue Apr 23 00:14:10 PDT 2013

Hi everyone,

We are running SignUp tool  in production and we must admit that it is a
well loved tool between our faculty members. But recently, they have
shared some common concerns with us, they've noticed that the list of
participants is organized with the following pattern [FIRST NAME - LAST
NAME] and they are also listed without being sorted.

Most of the core Sakai tools, organize participant lists with the
pattern [LAST NAME, FIRST NAME] and they are usually sorted by LAST
NAME. So, I would like to check with you if you see this as a future
improvement or if it is actually in the tool's roadmap. I created a Jira
with this explanation and for those of you who use SignUp, i would love
to get your feedback.

https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SIGNUP-204

In one of their use cases, they had slots with more than 50 participants
each so having them organized and sorted by LAST NAME would definitely help.

Thanks in advance.
mariano